Wednesday 1 May 2013

Story Idea


I still havent thought of much for story ideas yet but I know I like the idea of playing around with an existing story. Whether it be putting a new spin on a old fairytale or making a sequel to an existing series and playing around with the rules of it's universe...

I was thinking I could possibly do this with "The Ring" series. I never really liked horror films but this one always felt more like a thriller to me and I thought the concept was really interesting. What I think I would do is to update aspects of it  the video tape, characters etc. and see how far this concept can be stretched

If someone was to upload the ring video and make it a file that could easily be passed around and torrented then it could reach millions of people very quickly.



Of course I'd need to research more of the backstory to see whether it would be possibly for that many people to be targeted by Samara (the ring girl) and I know she comes out of the tv, but if possible could she come out of any screen? computers, mobiles etc.?

I've had a bit of a look around, and there's rumours of a second sequel but there's little talk of the story (and none of it talks about torrents or anything similar to mine, which is good...) apart from wanting to aim at a younger audience/teenagers, which would work easily with the focus on new technology possibly?

Problems with this idea, possibly, that my art style doesnt really fit with horror? and that i don't really like horror films? hm...
Also from what I heard in class, some people are thinking of doing futuristic sci-fi settings, and while mine wouldnt be futuristic it would still be present-day modern with a focus on technology which may look too similar to theirs??

So in summary:

first idea, The Ring 3, updated for present day, torrented files, new characters would be made too

No comments:

Post a Comment