Tuesday 7 May 2013

Inspirations - Others

Here's some more inspirations that aren't related to Disney (mainly), I haven't sourced them all yet as I've stupidly saved a few of them to my computer without details but I will get onto that...


MOTORCITY (concept art) - Titmouse 
I really liked the look of this cartoon, it used a mixture of flash and 3D, and it was really futurisic, grungy and great use of bright colours. I think even though there's a focus on mechanical and cars, it avoided the boring generic look of similar series/films like Tranformers.


GRAVITY FALLS (con art) 
The concept work for this tv series I think is lovely, it's soft and it's use of shadows give its desired eery look. I also love it's use of colours, when one would usually use mainly browns and greens for a show set in a forest, this show more likely goes with purples and greys which gives the setting a permanent "afternoon/dusk" setting.


PARANORMAN (poster design)
If I were to go with my horror film idea, i would really like to do something like this style. It's old school but also not overly gore-y but still has a sinister feel to it.




WITHOUT SOURCES (ONLINE ARTISTS)
I really really really love the use of colours and textures with these.
The first one I especially love the feel of depth but it doesn't feel cluttered.

The second one's texture is rough and soft at the same time? I'm not even sure how to explain but I love it.

The third one uses small lines to really bring the whole picture up to a new level I think, it'd look slightly flat without it


This is just really sleek, confident and modern I think. I love the flow between the character and the background.





These are amazing. It seems to be a mixture of mediums and it works so well. 
The colours are so abundant but they don't clash, the texture makes it feel homely but the compositions feel so smartly thought out. 
I'd love to achieve something like this one day.





This one just gives me a really calm feeling...
I think that's the best thing I can say about it, that it instantly makes me feel something?
But also the contrast of the grey and sturdy light house with the soft kind of magical look of the stars and the light


No comments:

Post a Comment