Sunday 28 July 2013

Research - Films // REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE


Rebel Without A Cause




1955
Warner Bros.
Dir. by Nicholas Ray



Opening, James Dean (Jim Stark), credits
Monkey toy with cymbals, drunk on the road
-collars flipped
-juvenile hall
-anger problems, wow, desk puncher
-“I don’t ever wanna be like him”, circus
-new kid, blazer, overly polite, awkward, hummer, random noise maker, dork
-“I don’t wanna make friends”
-“10 years?! I want an answer now” (dad)
-red bomber jacket
-milk
-“in ten years” (mum)


-“shoot the breeze” = talking



Police Station, starts after something happen?

easter?

Judy (16) – reeeeeeeeeeeeeeed
- father, “he hates me”, slaps her
- not my mother?!
-part of huuuuge group of friends, playful
-girlfriend of Buzz, douche
- little brother, Bo
-red -> pink + blue / light version of Jim
“why did you do that?” “I felt like it”


John Crawford/Plato, shivering boy
-“why you killed those puppies?”
-gun
-birthday
- mirror in the locker, comb hair
-loner
-his hair is a lovely ref. for Marco
-“he’s my best friend”
-brown and grey
-address book

“cute”

-car race/ to the edge of cliff/chicken

-Buzz, caught on door, and now is dead

sunken nursery
-“no one ever talks to children”
-hiding in plants










No comments:

Post a Comment